Senior Citizen Health Insurance Policy for both Individual or Family options.
- Three additional Sum Insured Options namely Rs.15 lakhs , Rs.20 lakhs and Rs.25 lakhs introduced
- Policy is available for 1 / 2 / 3 year which can be renewed. Where the policy is issued for more than 1 year, the Sum Insured is for each year, without any carry over benefit thereof
- Policy can be issued both on Individual and Floater Basis
- Cataract limits revised
- Outpatient consultation in network hospitals
- Cost of Health Checkup
- Protects the insured for in patient hospitalization expenses for a minimum of 24 hrs.These expenses include room rent,nursing and boarding charges, Surgeon, Anesthetist, Medical Practitioner, Consultants, Specialist Fees,Cost of Medicines and Drugs up to the limits specified.
- Ambulance charges for emergency transportation to hospital as per specified limits.
- Pre hospitalisation expenses up to 30 days prior to date of hospitalization
- Post-hospitalization paid as lump-sum up to the limit specified.
- Expenses on Medical Consultations as an Out Patient in a Network Hospital up to the limits specified.
- Cost of Health Check up for every claim free year up to the limits specified
- All day-care procedures covered.
- Sub-limits applicable for specified illness/ disease.
Any person between 60 and 75 years of age at the time of entry can take this insurance policy.
Pre-Existing Diseases / Illness : Covered after 12 months of continuous coverage
Pre- Acceptance medical screening: There is no pre-acceptance medical screening. However if following medical records of the person proposed for insurance are submitted, a discount of 10% of is allowed.
- Stress Thallium Report
- BP Report
- Sugar (blood & urine) (Fasting / Postprandial)
- Blood urea & creatinine
Tax Benefits: Amount paid by any mode other than by cash for this insurance is eligible for relief under Section 80D of the Income Tax Act.
Free Look Period: At the time of inception of the policy, the Insured will be allowed a period of 15 days from the date of receipt of the policy to review the terms and conditions of the policy and to return the policy if not acceptable. In such a case, the premium refund shall be as follows :
If the Insured has not made any claim during the free look period, the Insured shall be entitled to –
- a refund of the premium paid less any expenses incurred by the Insurer on medical examination of the insured persons and the stamp duty charges or
- where the risk has already commenced and the option of return of the policy is exercised by the policy holder, a deduction towards the proportionate risk premium for period on cover or
- where only a part of the insurance coverage has commenced, such proportionate premium commensurate with the insurance coverage during such period.
Free look period shall not be applicable at the time of renewal.
NOTE: Renewal premium, terms and conditions are subject to change with prior approval from IRDAI.
Co-Payment: This policy is subject to Co-payment mentioned below;
For Sum Insured of Rs.1,00,000/- to 10,00,000/-
For Sum Insured of Rs.15,00,000/- to 25,00,000/-
|50% of each and every admissible claim arising out of Pre-Existing Diseases and 30% of each and every admissible claim for all other claims||30% of each and every admissible claim|